Apartment pest control sometimes can be challenging due to building structures, apartment sizes and other factors. It is more difficult, time-consuming, and costly to eradicate pest infestations once they’ve taken hold.
The pest problems at an apartment complex can spread like wildfire to potential residents. If you’re currently struggling to solve your apartment pest management problem, there are solutions out there that can work for your property. Environmental Pest Management can help you keep your property pest-free.
Let’s look at some preventative steps you can take to successfully manage any pest problem that may arise.
Some of the common household pests include mice, ants, cockroaches, fleas, ticks, bed bugs, among others. Here are some actions you can take to fortify your property against these unwanted intruders.
- Seal cracks, holes and other points of entry from both the outside and inside. These areas can include leaky roofs, ceilings and floors, and walls.
- Check plumbing to limit moisture in damp and dark places.
- Keep excess food, like leftovers or cooking scraps off surfaces. Dispose of them or put them away in sealed containers.
- Keep kitchen counters, tables, high chairs, and other surfaces wiped clean of food crumbs, food stains.
- Seal foods and cooking ingredients kept in your pantry, cupboards, or countertops in plastic, glass, ceramic, or metal containers. Rodents and bugs can get into plastic baggies, especially if closed with nothing more than a plastic tie. Even paper-based containers like cereal boxes or some oatmeal canisters are susceptible to infiltration where bugs can die or lay their eggs.
- Keep garbage can and compost container lids closed.
- Keep your pet’s feeding and watering area clean and tidy.
- Don’t leave doors and windows open for prolonged periods of time unless you have screens in place.
- Check any dark and damp, out-of-the-way areas where bugs like to live and keep them dusted and clean.
- Contact your property manager if you see any unwanted pests in your home or other areas of the building.
Partner with a reputable and professional pest management company that has a track record of success solving pest problems for small and large apartment buildings and complexes.
You can also download our app and avail 10% OFF on our pest control services