ILAJ SERVICES FZCO
Terms & Conditions
- The terms and conditions covered herein shall govern your use of our website. By using our website, you inherently accept these terms and conditions in full and without any reservations.
- References to “you” or “your” or “user” shall refer to the customer as a User of the Ilaj Platform and its services. Reference to “we”, “our” and “us” shall refer to the Company as the
- The Ilaj Platform is an online aggregator that offers a technology platform to enable and provide a wide variety of home services such as but not limited to, repairs, cleaning and handyman jobs to its users located in the United Arab Emirates. Such services are delivered through registered suppliers, third party technicians and private repair professionals who herein will be referred to as “Suppliers” or “Service Providers”. All the services provided by the company to you by means of your registration on the Ilaj Platform or a guest user are herein after referred to as the “Services”.
- The Company will exert efforts to undergo a thorough background check of the Suppliers on a best efforts basis, but it shall not in any way, adopt any liability for any acts or oversights of the Suppliers / Service Providers, the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained from such background checks and any information on the services to be provided by the Suppliers / Service Providers. The Company does not represent or provide warranty for the Suppliers / Service Providers. The Users are strongly advised to objectively use their best judgement in this regard.
- The User is hereby in agreement that the Company’s role is limited only to the management of the Ilaj Platform for facilitating the Services and other incidental services rendered for the transactions between the Suppliers / Service Providers and the Users. Consequently, the Company is simply an intermediary facilitator and the Ilaj Platform is only a platform where the Supplier may offer its services to Users. There is no employer-employee relationship between the company and the Supplier who perform the service as per the rules and regulations of the Emirate of Dubai.
- Your requested Services through the platform will be delivered to you by the Suppliers / Service Providers. We endeavor to provide the Services to your registered address within the time frame notified to you, although we do not and cannot ensure that the said time frames will be met due to factors beyond of our control which may result in early or delayed services. The Company will not be held accountable and liable for any Services provided outside the time frame that was notified to you.
- Service Provider will do the best to render the required Service to you subject to the ready disposal of the Supplier in or around your location at the time of your booking. Provided however that the Company will not be held accountable and liable if after the approval of the Booking request, the Supplier / Service Provider for any reason are unable to provide the booked Services. No advice or information, local or written, acquired by you from the Services or Ilaj Platform or through the Services or Ilaj Platform shall create any warranty not explicitly made in this Terms and Conditions.
- Our acceptance of your order is confirmed when we notify you of our acceptance in writing via email or mobile messaging. If we are unable to accept your order, we will notify you in writing or through a message and you will not bear any charge for the product.
- We may revise these Terms & Conditions at any time by revising these pages. We advise you to check these pages regularly to be updated of any current and future changes as they are effective and binding on you. We may, without prior notice, change the services, add or remove functionalities or features, stop providing the Services or features of the services, or create usage limits for the Services to you and to other users in general.
- By placing an order, you hereby authorize us or our third party payment processer to process your credit or debit card details for the amount of your order. We accept payment by:
- Credit/Debit Card
- Via your wallet, or
- Cash on delivery (an amount not exceeding AED.2,000/-)
In order to approve credit or debit card payments, we may be required to create an account for you with our third party payment processors, accept their standard terms and conditions and submit your details to them on your behalf. You hereby authorize us to do so and we shall not be liable for any damage or loss you may incur as a result. We may remove or add cards or other payment methods that we accept at any time without prior notice to you.
- Standard charges are valid only for the areas represented in the Ilaj website. The charges for other areas are on a quotation-based pricing.
- There may be regular updates on the Ilaj Platform and changes in the content at any time. “Content” herein refers to any information, text, graphics, or other uploaded materials including any features or functionalities by the Users of the Ilaj Platform. This can also include personal information uploaded by the donors which appears on the Ilaj Platform for other Users to access. In cases that the content on the platform is out dated at any given time, the company is under no obligation whatsoever to update it.
We do not and cannot guarantee that the Ilaj platform and the content on it will be free from errors, oversights and inaccuracies. We advise our users to report any incident of such observation by writing to us at email@example.com
- You can opt for an immediate cancellation of your chosen service minimum up to 4 hours before the scheduled service is due for whatever reason you may have.
We may cancel your orders if:
- Payments due from you are not paid on time
- After we have requested and has given you enough time to do so, you are unable to provide us with necessary information we require to provide the service to you
- You are unable to allow us in delivering the services and products to you within a reasonable time frame
- Delivery Costs: This cost will be charged as displayed to you on our website or quotation approved by you
- Delivery Date: This will be applicable as displayed to you on our website
- We do not and cannot ensure that your use of the Ilaj Platform or any Content on it will always be available or continuous as access to the Ilaj Platform is allowed on a temporary basis. We may at any time, postpone, remove, terminate or modify all or any part of the Ilaj Platform without previous warning to you. The company will not bear liability if for any reason at a given time the Ilaj Platform is unavailable for your use. Your Booking requests to avail of the Services will be directed to the concerned Supplier / Service Provider. The concerned Supplier / Service Provider shall be provided to you on availability basis and will be communicated to you through the Ilaj Platform. It is further explained that upon the availability of the Supplier / Service Provider, details of the User and the Supplier / Service Provider shall be shared between them by the Company through the Ilaj Platform.
It is also your responsibility to ensure that all persons who have the access to the Ilaj Platform through your internet connection are aware and are comply to these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions.
- If, due to an event beyond our scope and control, our services are delayed, we will be in contact with you to inform you of the situation and will take the necessary steps to minimize the effect of such delay of service.
- If there will be no one available at your registered address to take the service, it is solely at our discretion either to cancel your order or to reschedule the service.
- Invoice. We will issue an electronic invoice for your chosen purchase and send the said invoice to your registered email address with us.
- Contacting us to arrange a Cancellation. You may contact us via our email, any of our social media accounts, live chat on our website, or by calling our UAE call center on 600 562 624. However, cancellation of the order will be effected only after written confirmation from our end.
- Your Refund: For undelivered services, you will receive a full refund from us if you cancel the said order up to four (4) hours before the scheduled date and time of service delivery.
- Refund Procedure. Refunds will be made depending on the payment method used and will be processed as follows:
A refund issued to your wallet if you have paid cash on delivery; or
A refund can be issued by credit/debit card to your wallet if you have paid by credit/debit card
- Refund Timescale. Your refund process will be initiated upon the receipt of your cancellation request by our customer care center and duly acknowledged and accepted by us in writing. The final refund will be received by you as follows:
Within thirty (30) days from the day we receive the notification in our customer care center if the refund is to your credit/debit card
Immediately after we receive the notification to our customer care center if the refund is to your wallet
If you have cancelled your order up to four (4) hours before the scheduled date and time, an automated refund will be provided to you
- If in our reasonable opinion and better judgement we believe that you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms, we reserve the right to disable your access and use of the Account information or any part of it whether of your choosing or allocated by us at any time. If you suspect that an unauthorized access to your Account information or any part of it was made or that someone other than you knows your account credentials, you must immediately notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The company will not be liable for any losses or other consequences that may arise due to unauthorized use of your account.
- The following terms are you set forth obligations and shall govern your business conduct on the Ilaj Platform. You agree and comply to the following responsibilities:
- You shall adhere with all the obligations and responsibilities mentioned in these Terms
- To provide us with necessary information that is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge
- Your use of the services provided by us will be for lawful purposes only and in compliance with these Terms and applicable laws, decrees, acts of legislature or parliament, instructions, guidelines, orders, ordinances, protocols, codes or policies of any governmental authority and all applicable court orders and precedent laws applicable while using and making transactions on the Ilaj Platform.
- You shall register with the Ilaj Platform and comply with the prescribed processes and guidelines to avail and schedule the required Services from the Suppliers / Service Providers (“Booking”). Bookings can either be made for single Services or for multiple Services as available and as per your requirements.
- The creation and maintaining of all Content in your account shall be solely your responsibility
- The Services provided through Ilaj Platform will be used by you only for personal on-commercial use. You shall not use the Services for any other commercial endeavors without prior notification and written consent or agreement of the company.
- It is your duty to safeguard the password that you use as part of your Account Information to get access to any of the Services and other related activities or actions under your Account. It is our strong suggestion that you use strong passwords with a combination of upper and lower case letter, numerical values and special symbols with your Account. The company will not be held liable for any loss or consequence that might be brought about with the failure of complying to this specific instruction.
- In cases where complaints regarding Services rendered through the Ilaj Platform may arise, the User must report the said complaint by sending an email to email@example.com within two days from the date when payment was made. If no complaint is raised within the said time period, the Service rendered will be deemed closed.
- As and when the contract period is active between the User and the Company, should there be any damage to the customer’s assets and/or properties that is been found to be a result of carrying out a work or Service by Ilaj, the financial liability to the Company will be limited to the value of the works which can reach a maximum amount of AED.1,000/-
- It is strongly recommended by Ilaj that customers maintain an insurance plan to be in place for a home or a property. This is to ensure that any damage caused to the said property by fire, water leakage, malfunctioning equipment/system and others will be covered, and that the customer will get support with regards to repair costs.
- In the event of an online payment, the Company acts merely as a facilitator of the transaction by collecting the payment from you on behalf of the Supplier and then afterwards transferring the due amount to the same Supplier / Service Provider that rendered the Services. The User hereby agrees to pay directly online to the Facilitator via the payment gateway on the Ilaj Platform. Information submitted by you during this process is provided directly to our payment provider using a secured connection. As these third parties are not under the jurisdiction of the Company and are beyond the Company’s control, the Company is not liable for any loss or damage that may arise during the payment process. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to retain a copy of transaction records and applicable Merchant policy rules and regulation. You can also refer to the Pricing Policy provided for a more detailed reference on the subject.
- The charges are subject to changes from time to time and it is the Users responsibility to be aware of the on-going charges for the available Services on the platform. The Pricing Policy also lays out detailed information on pricing which Users can use as reference. The Company will not be held liable for any disputes that might arise on this regard.
- The information and the registration on the Ilaj platform is free of cost. Browsing through the platform will not incur you any monetary charges. The mentioned amounts on the Ilaj Platform are the applicable costs for User / Customer or can also be an estimate approved by the User / Customer.
- The following charges shall be paid by the User, whichever is applicable. These can include but will not be limited to emergency charges, cancellation charges, no-show charges, labour and material services charges in case of fixed price services, call-out charges and others. The User has to pay for services by way of cash or online payment option available through the platform. All payments are non-refundable unless otherwise stipulated and agreed upon by the Company and the User / Customer.
- Any fee and or charges payable to access the Master Community / Community / Building Management will be borne by the Users.
- There will be additional charges for the use of scaffold or other lifting equipment in cases where assets cannot be reached by normal ladders unless this fee is explicitly mentioned to be included in the contract. Ilaj reserves the right to decline the Services that might put our / Service Provider’s staff at risk. The client has the responsibly to assure the clear access for Service Provider’s personnel to erect any scaffolding/lifting equipment. In cases where clear access is not available, Ilaj will assist the client in finding a suitable solution so as to complete the Service.
- The ownership of content is separated from the ownership of the platform. The owners of Ilaj do not have any legal ownership rights to Content as this is with the creator of the specific content.
- As the licensee of the copyrights, service marks, trademarks and any other intellectual property on the Content that is published on the Platform, we have reserved all such rights.
- You may attract the attention of others in your organization to the Content on the Ilaj Platform by downloading extracts or printing copies of any page of the Ilaj platform for your personal use.
- It is the client’s responsibility not to modify the paper or digital copies of any downloaded materials from the Ilaj pages. You are not allowed to use any form of illustration, photographs, video, audio sequences, graphics or any published texts.
- It is prohibited to use the Content published on the Ilaj Platform for commercial purposes without any legal and written permission to do so from our licensors.
- In the event of breach of the above mentioned terms, you will cease the right to use the Ilaj Platform and we reserve the right to insist that you must, at all cost, return or destroy any copies of materials you have created.
- In cases where the information submitted to Ilaj by the customer is found to be incorrect such as number of rooms in the property, any undisclosed maid or driver rooms, incorrect size measurements for water tanks or swimming pools, etc., Ilaj reserves the right to accordingly revise the price initially charged to the client.
- If it is found that the plumbing, electrical and Air Conditioning systems at the property are in bad shape due to poor maintenance, Ilaj will provide an initial proposal before the start of the Annual Maintenance Contract. The charges of the said initial proposal will be separate and therefore not included in the Ilaj Annual Contract.
- The amount of the renovation project and the payment terms will be explained in detail in our quotation and once the said quotation is approved by customer, the job will be carried our accordingly.
- The company will not be held accountable or liable for any loss or damage arising from a virus, denial-of-service attack, distributed denial-of-service attack or any other technologically harmful material that in any way infect your computer and machine systems, programs, data and any other proprietary material after you use the Ilaj Platform or downloaded any Content on it or any other websites that it can link to.
The Company cannot and do not assure or warrant that all files available for download on our platform will be free of any virus infection, Trojan horses or other code that can cause harm and contamination to your data systems. You are therefore advised to use your own trusted virus protection software.
- Under applicable law, nothing in these terms and conditions or elsewhere on our website implies to limit our liability when it comes to fraud, death or any personal injury that may arise due to our negligence or for any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited.
Our liability in relation to the use of our website in connection to these terms and conditions in situations whether in contract, negligence or otherwise will be within the limitations mentioned below. We will not be held liable for the following:
- Any consequential, indirect or special loss or harm
- For any loss of profit, anticipated savings, income, revenue, reputation, data, information, contracts, business or goodwill
- Loss or harm that may arise from events beyond the Company’s reasonable control
We are not accountable or will be held liable for any indirect, direct or consequential loss or damage whether in contract, negligence, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise even if foreseeable due to or under the following:
The use of or the inability of use of the Ilaj Platform
- The use of or relying on any content that is published or displayed on the Ilaj Platform
- The use and purchase of services that Ilaj Platform provides
- Subject to our approval, the existing contracts can be amended. In relation to this, the following conditions will apply: There is no further or additional charge in case of an upgrade from ‘basis’ to ‘standard.’
Charges will not apply for the transfer of contracts to a different property location if it is found that the new property is of a similar type
In cases where the property type is different and there is a transfer of contract to a different location and a survey needs to be performed, there is a one-time charge of AED 350/-.
A one-time administration fee of AED 100/- will be applicable in cases of contract transfer to another tenant/owner at the same property
- In the event that the customer wishes to terminate and cancel the contract, a minimum 30 day notice has to be provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
In cases of the contract being terminated, 80% of the value paid will be refunded by Ilaj from the date of contract termination on pro-rata basis.
The refund will be issued out in the form of a transferable value voucher for Ilaj Services
- The suspension or discontinuation of all services as stated in the maintenance contract will be the result in cases the client fails to promptly pay the invoiced charges
- You are communicating to us electronically when you visit the Ilaj Platform or send us emails. Consequently, you hereby consent to receive communications from us electronically. Our communication to you will be via email or notices posted on the Ilaj Platform. You also hereby agree that all contracts, notifications, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. In cases where your email address and other contact details have changed, you agree that it is solely your responsibility to update them when necessary.
Any communication to you shall be sent to your email address available on the records created by you on the Ilaj Platform and it shall be considered received by you once it is reflected as sent in the outbox of our email. Cancellation of your account can be processed at any time by sending us an email of the same request to email@example.com
- The company is not accountable and will not be held liable for the condition of the assets at the customer’s premises after the date of the contract or service.
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company and everyone composing it which includes but is not limited to its subsidiaries, owners, licensee, affiliates, group of companies as and when applicable, their respective officers, directors, agents and employees from any allegation, demand, claim or actions including any fees from attorney’s made by any third party or cost as penalties imposed due to or arising out of you breaching these terms, or your noncompliance of any law, rules or regulations or rights that can include violation of intellectual property rights of a third party. The above mentioned shall be governed by maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- We will notify you of any changes to our services and agreements that we feel will be considered material or significant to you via an email to your registered address with us. In accordance to occasional changes that we may have to our services and agreements at our discretion, by continuing the use of the Ilaj services, you hereby express and acknowledge your acceptance to the said changes.
- You hereby release and waive all claims against the Company, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, agents, co-branders, licensors or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for any actual or consequential claims, damages, costs and expenses which can include litigation costs and attorney’s fees, or every kind, brought about in any way related to your use of our Ilaj Platform, its content or use of the Services. You recognize that any fact involving to any matter included by this statement may be found to be other than now believed to be true. You also hereby accept and assume the consequence of such probable differences in fact. You also expressly give up and surrender any and all rights and benefits which you may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect. The above mentioned shall be governed by maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
Our failure to insist the performance of your obligations within these Terms, or our failure to enforce our rights against you, or if there is a delay from our side in doing so, will not mean that we have abandoned our rights against you. Consequently, this will also not mean that you do not have to comply to such obligations. In cases where we choose to waive our rights against you, we will only do so via in writing and this will not also mean that we automatically waive any of our rights that we can insist on later defaults from your end.
- In cases where the customer fails to pay in full in due time any sum owning to Ilaj under this agreement, the Company shall be entitled, without prejudice to any other right or remedy, to choose to discontinue the performance of its obligations mentioned herewith in this agreement with a complete statement of the ground(s) by which it has decided to suspend its performance. The said suspension will cease to exist only when the customer makes payment in full and the amount due is fully received by the Company.
- In cases where the User is on breach of these terms and conditions in any way and without prejudice to our other rights applicable under these terms and conditions, we may take the necessary actions we deem fit in accordance to the breach. This can include but may not be limited to suspending your access to the platform, disallowing you to access our website, blocking your computer using your IP address, getting connected to your internet service provider with the request of blocking your access to our website and consequently bring forward court proceedings against yourself.
- The company reserves the right to transfer, sub-contract or else deal with our own rights and/or obligations applicable under these terms and conditions. We can do so without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
The User cannot transfer, sub-contract or else deal with your rights and/or obligations applicable under these terms and conditions.
- The creation and compliance of all the terms and conditions mentioned herewith are for the benefit and safety of you and us and not to any third party nor will it be enforceable by any third party. There is no need of any consent of any third party to be able to exercise the rights of you and us in relation to these terms and conditions.
- The Company reserves the right to decline providing you with access to the platform in cases where it is found that you are, by virtue of age or otherwise, incapable to contract with us. For Users whose membership has been banned or dismissed by us due to any reason whatsoever, access to the platform will not be available. In cases where the platform is accessed by you from any jurisdiction not covered and governed by UAE Laws and regulations, you will be solely liable for the compliance of the local laws and all applicable regulations of that jurisdiction.
- All terms and conditions mentioned herewith shall be governed by and construed in compliance to the UAE Law. Disputes with regard to these terms and conditions will be subject to the jurisdiction of the UAE courts.
The full name of our company is ILAJ SERVICES FZCO
We are registered by the United Arab Emirates under License number 3726
Our registered address is P.O. Box 114707, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If any court of competent jurisdiction will find any provision of this Terms and Conditions to be invalid, other provisions of such Term shall retain its full force and effect.